Thursday, January 31, 2013
Militant Contest: Win Some Historical Red Line Swag!
Twenty years ago yesterday, the Metro Red Line first opened. Twenty years ago today, people were still enjoying free rides during opening weekend. Today, The Militant is giving away a bunch of historical Metro Red Line mementos from The Militant Archives!
What You'll Win:
- Original, mint-condition 1993 vintage RTD first-ever Metro Red Line schedule from January 30, 1993
- Metro Red Line information brochure (Published 1989)
- Updated Metro Red Line information brochure (Published 1993)
- Old school 1993 RTD Metro Red Line ticket
- Red Line/MTA refrigerator magnet
- Old school Metro "M" logo stickers!
Cash value: PRICELESS! (You can't find these anywhere anymore!)
How To Enter:
1. You must have ridden the Metro Red Line at least once within the past 20 years (If you still haven't, there is no hope for you).
2. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Your Name
- City or Los Angeles neighborhood you live in
- A short, one-paragraph story, anecdote or interesting occurrence that happened to you while riding The Red Line.
3. One winner may or may not be chosen at random. Or maybe you have the most interesting story. The Militant hasn't quite decided yet.
4. Submission deadline: 11:59 p.m. PST, Sunday, February 3, 2013.
The Militant will announce the winner on Monday, February 4 on the MA Blog. He may or may not also publish some of the more interesting stories!
Good luck and Stay Militant!