So here it is:
The Militant knows there's quite a few women who read the Militant Angeleno's blog, and quite frequently, too. He also understands that quite a few women out there may or may not have Militant tendencies of your own, with regard to this great City!
So he would like to host the first-ever MILITANT ANGELENA COMPETITION!
The rules are such:
- The contest is open to all females, in or from Los Angeles. Native status not required (but it helps!)
- You will be given one week, with the submission deadline 11:59 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time on Saturday, June 27, 2009, to write and submit a Militant Angelena post!
- The post can cover an event, a place, or opinion on a subject pertaining to Los Angeles. Just like the Militant! Think of it as if YOU were the Militant for one day!
- There is no limit on length, but if your entry induces scroll fatigue, then that's a pretty good indicator you might not win.
- Pictures will be accepted and are encouraged. They must be 640 pixels wide by 480 pixels high , 72 dpi resolution. They must be original photos taken by yourself, or your trusted operatives (credit must be given if operatives assist).
- Video or Vlogs will be accepted as part of a written post. Please upload to YouTube and submit the URL in your entry.
- Also include a short 1-2 paragraph bio about yourself.
- Entries must be submitted via email on MS Word or plain text file (.txt), along with any photos. Entries must be emailed to militantangeleno [at] gmail [dot] com with the topic, "Militant Angelena."
- Entries will be judged by the Militant and his operatives on the following criteria:
- Writing quality
- The ability to encourage behavior that results in positive change in current Angeleno attitudes
- Local/historical knowledge
- Ability to teach the reader something new about Los Angeles
- The ability to kick ass!
The winning entry will be published on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 and the winner will also
Are any of you ladies Militant Enough?
Best of luck! WRITE MILITANT!